"I am a jack-of-all trades, master of some when it comes to photography. As long as you can use your camera to create your vision, all you need to do is find the stories worth telling. For me, this is not one sphere of the art, but almost all!"
I am a Scientist, Photographer, and a Papa, and not particularly in that order! I have a PhD in Biochemistry, but have always loved art. The combination of my inner geek and artist meant that I was naturally drawn to photography (which is composed of both factors in my opinion). Starting in 2009 with my first DSLR, I was living in Paris and took the streets, quickly developing a passion for street and candid photography. Loving travelling, and doing so as often as i could, meant I also developed into travel photography too.
However, my photography did not really come to fruition until September 2012, when I moved to Bangalore, India with my wife Jenifer. This opportunity allowed me to broaden my skills, particularly in wildlife and street photographer. It may sound like a strange mix, but in fact, they are extremely similar! Both require the conjunction of life in it's environment. Both require understanding your subject, and understanding what are the norms and what are exceptional events.
In 2015, our son Antoine was born, which has naturally lead into more and more baby photography too! surprising eh? ;)
Now, in 2016, I have returned to Paris, to continue my photographic journey!
Follow my blog for an up-date of my antics! :)
- The Vanishing Stripes; Contributing Photographer (July 2017)
- Advice to improve your wildlife and nature photography; Author (December 2016)
- Canon France Instagram; Contributing Photographer (2016)
- Sanctuary Asia, web article; Author (October 2016)
- Wild Planet Photo Magazine; Contributing Photographer (October 2016)
- Young Talent Program; Photographer (September 2016)
- A future without water documentary on front page of the CEFIRSE website (2016)
- Wild Planet Photo Magazine; Contributing Photographer (August 2016)
- Wild Planet Photo Magazine; Contributing Photographer (June 2016)
- ThePhoblographer.com; Contributing Author (November 2015)
- JustAboutTravel.net; Contributing Author (June 2014)
- JustAboutTravel.net; Contributing Author (March 2014)
- National Centre for Biological Sciences annual calendar; Contributing Photographer (January 2013)
- Nature In Focus featured a trailer for my water documentary (2017)
- Finalist for the Nature In Focus Wildlife Photographer of the Year award (2016)
- The India Water Portal shared my A future without water on their Twitter feed (2016)
- A preview of my Water Cell documentary was shown at the Bastille Day celebrations at the French Embassy in Delhi and the French Consulate in Bangalore (2016)
- My coverage of the France vs Germany Euro 2016 Semi-Final was used by the German Consulate of Bangalore (2016)
- Official Photographer for the French Consulate of Bangalore covering the Euro 2016 events (2016)
- A large print of my photograph was the leaving gift from the German Consulate to the departing Consul General Mr. Jörn Rohde (2016)
- On the final Jury for the Fondation Alliance française International Photography Contest (2016)
- Interviewed and featured on front page of the Bangalore edition of the Deccan Chronicle (2016)
- Accompanied and guided Professor Gilles Boeuf through Bandipur and Mudumalai tiger reserves on behalf of the French Scientific Service in India (2015)
- The German Consulate of Bangalore used my photographs during the German National Day celebrations in Bangalore (2014)
- Photographs used on the Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine website (2013)